Exhibit: "Pittsburgh Transformed"
September 18, 2009
From frontier fort to major modern city, from steelmaking giant to educational powerhouse and
technology leader, Pittsburgh has always been a place of discovery and industry. Abundant in resources
and natural beauty, the region has drawn immigrants, innovators, industrialists and artists, and out of
this diversity has forged a people characterized by determination, toughness, and their commitment to
hard work and community-building.
More than 250 years young, the Pittsburgh of today is a model of a diversified economy, a transformed
environment, a skilled and educated workforce, a flourishing arts culture, and an unsurpassed quality of
life. Rated multiple times America’s most livable city, Pittsburgh is proud of its legacy and looks
eagerly towards an even brighter future.
Pittsburgh Transformed celebrates a great American city and its indomitable spirit.
Dollar Bank wishes to thank all those who contributed to this project.
- Doris Carson Williams, President and Chief Executive Officer, African American Chamber of Commerce of Western Pennsylvania
- Alcoa, Inc.
- Allegheny Conference on Community Development
- Jim Cashman, President and Chief Executive Officer ANSYS, Inc.
- Carnegie Mellon University College of Engineering
- Carnegie Museum of Art
- Carnegie Science Center
- Chris Gessner, President, Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC
- Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh
- John Dick, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Civic Science Conservative Consultants, Inc
- Construction Junction
- David L. Lawrence Convention Center
- The Entertainment Technology Center, Carnegie Mellon University
- Chris Donahue, President, Chief Executive Officer and Director, Federated Investors, Inc.
- Colin Huwyler, Chief Executive Officer, Fossil Free Fuel
- Holly Childs, Executive Director, Green Building Alliance
- Inder Guglani, Chief Executive Officer and Founder, Guru.com
- Bomani Howze, Program Officer, Heinz Endowments
- KSBA Architects
- The Mattress Factory
- Mill Run Wind Energy Center
- Pittsburgh Filmmakers
- Pittsburgh Glass Center
- Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy
- Pittsburgh Technology Council
- Sean Rollman, Chief Financial Officer, Plextronics
- Regional Enterprise Tower
- The Robert L. Preger Intelligent Workplace, Carnegie Mellon University
- Jesse Schell, Chief Executive Officer and Creative Director, Schell Games
- Senator John Heinz History Center
- Sprout Fund
- Michael Stern, Principal, Strada Architects
- Court Gould, Executive Director, Sustainable Pittsburgh
- John Surma, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, United States Steel Corporation
- The University of Pittsburgh, Swanson School of Engineering
- Urban Redevelopment Authority
- Visit Pittsburgh
- Deborah Lange, Ph.D., P.E., D.E.E. Executive Director, The Western Pennsylvania Brownfields Center, Steinbrenner Institute for Environmental Education and Research, Carnegie Mellon University
- WYEP Studios